WindowSlider provides much more space for arranging open windows on your desktop.
Basically WindowSlider makes desktop width infinite. This gives you place for many windows with convenient sizes without a need to overlap. You always see some portion of this "infinite" desktop and can slide left and right.
You can slide by mouse, touching-interface, keyboard or simply switching between windows (e.g. Alt-Tab). (more details)
The following reasons led to creation of this application:
- In my daily work I need several windows to be always open (IDE, browser, some folders, sometimes mail client).
- Seeing many windows on screen distracts.
- Maximizing is not convenient for some windows - text lines become too long, too many information to focus on. And sometimes it's needed to see two related windows together.
- Minimizing all windows except the one currently used requires some manual work.
- Arranging every window to its own location (not overlapped with others) enables spatial memory for finding needed window.
WindowSlider is free.
If you like idea of infinitely wide desktop, you may also like WindowSlider Plus which goes further in this direction - automatically arranges all windows in a row and maintains this arrangement.
If you want to suggest some changes/additions, please, leave me a note here.